At the end of a long day whether you are a working mom, single mom, or a stay at home mom, we all have one thing in common- ice cream, right? What’s your favorite flavor? Perhaps, the dependable vanilla, decadent chocolate, or surprising Phish Food.
So naturally, I was sitting comfortably after a long day of being the best mom ever (sarcasm) about to take a bite of my pint of cookie dough, when suddenly I visualized my brand MommyRehab on the label. I’m not brand-obsessed, I promise. It’s more about me being mommy-obsessed. I wondered what flavor would make a mom laugh and think about focusing on themselves rather than only their kids.
If a few bites of MommyRehab ice cream could give a mom what she really needs in her life then what ingredients would it contain?
I’m not referring to anything materialistic like a Chanel bag. It’s all about your sanity, your health, your style, your life. It contains the ingredients that will make you enjoy your life to its fullest and every moment besides just enjoying your kids.
So…here’s my list of ingredients for a truthful taste of MommyRehab.
1. Carefree raspberry liquor flavor. I need something with calming properties like a stop panicking serum. Naturally, I’m always thinking too much and constantly worrying about my kids. A few mosquito bites on my baby’s leg should not put me into an anxiety attack. I’m not much of a drinker but a dash of raspberry liquor might be worth a try!
2. Chunks of S’more sleep. I need to be induced into a deep luxurious sleep, maybe a big neon sign flashing on my forehead –NO KIDS ALLOWED- would give me some sleep time. I’m not a bitch by the way, I’m just really tired.
3. Shut the Fudge up. I just want my brain to have some quiet time to view my instagram account. When I’m finally sitting in my cozy bed checking how many followers I have, I don’t want my husband to ask me – “Did you do my laundry?”, I want to say no –shut the fudge up, I’m really busy checking instagram, and no I’m not just mad because I lost followers. I’m upset because sometimes I just want a moment to myself.
4. Swirls of thick caramel Sanity. I just want a clear mind, and then I wouldn’t be crying that I forgot to buy the pancake syrup from my invisible shopping list. Who needs a shopping list anyway?
5. Pea-Nut butter twist. Sometimes I just want to be Nuts and scream. Not out of anger, but because I always have to be nice, patient, and sensitive which is not always easy. It requires a lot of energy. Sometimes moms, we just need to scream loudly and then move on with our life.
6. O-reos. This is a bit personal and so not like me. But every woman deserves this, our boobs are not only to nurse our kids, right? I want some action! So I would definitely add some yummy O-reos. (I can’t write that word because I’m a bit of a prude.)
Moms – next time you open your freezer, consider the ingredients.